Wednesday, October 17, 2007

THE FASHION HOUSE OF NAJIA'S OWN DORU OLOWU


The Designer and his old school Converse

Miss Awuoi est dans la place


Miss Kaone , always about business w/her signature serious look on her face


So Sahara ..
Is that right satin pants w/an atitude gnang gnang gnang ...
lol by the way where are ying yang twins...


his would not work on everybody because of the material, however Nakeisha looks wonderful in this number

Jamaican supermodel Janel.M doin her thang...love the colors

I'm so glad to see all these ladies I've talked abt on the blog reppin, miss Awuoi...tout en finesse
Model Julia ..peep the little use of red on the shoes, love the belt, the conservative yet sexy skirt....nice





Mia Niarra on the floor ..go girl!

Aight so my AfricanFashionistas I know our ears are buzzing w/the name of 38 year old Nigerian designer. I even read a story where editors,assistants, buyers were fighting over his collection..come on people it's not that serious:)

Even though I gotta admit that I love, his African flair, vintage cuts, use of vivid colors, intricate details,sequin, volume on dress, chiffon, ....bref you never know how , what fabrics he will put together magically and neatly together ....the result a Doru Olowu magical creation...taddaa...lol
Also , Westerners are still discovering the beauty of African fabric (us to actually )

He was also featured at London Fashion Week 2007, you go African brotha..
Oh I am also loving these pics are posting, because he used a lottttttt of our sisters btw
MIA NIARA, KAONE, SONJA WADE, AWUOI, KINEE DIOUF....ect...
Thanks brother for making a part of the show, wonderful intiative


Of course the webbie
http://www.duroolowu.com/


Djaa my Nigerian brothas be doin it :)
Eyee Wayeee:)

No comments: