Wednesday, May 07, 2008

JAZZY SOUL SINGER DJAAL FROM CAMEROUN!







I didn't know what 2 expect from this beautiful frenchie/African sista..but I was positively surprised..her sound reminded me a bit of Lizz Wright ...I felt at peace, calm and relaxed while listening 2 her..wanted 2 forget my worries for 1 sec..very nice done miss Djaal..:)

I love the beat & lyrics of the track "Juste 1 femme" "Just 1 woman"...describes the strenght and vulnerability of 1 woman..the eternal woman contradiction..the more I listen 2 her , the more she reminds me also of A.Keys..not taking away from the creativity of this sista..

W/her physical appearance she could have easily stayed within the fashion industry, on her webbie she brings up the fact that her dad is an acclaimed African fashion designer..not sure who he is...but I guess what she means is that she could have evolved in that industry, but instead pursued her dreams...
Her sound is jazzy, soulful/frenchie pop...like it!!

Here's her webbie:
http://www.djaal-music.com/

Djaa my ladies from Cameroun sont dedans aussi:)
Eyee Wayeee:)

No comments: