Friday, June 15, 2007

THE VERY INTERETING SAMUEL FOSSO!!


**Feelin Toure Kounda


This has to be 1 of the most popular Contemp' African Photo out there



Didn't I tell you that he was fierce....no coment!
No in all seriousness it's called "La Femme Americaine" maybe that's how he saw it!






Tonton a mis le pantalon patte d'eph wayee!





Comment:)



He's def' Interesting!

At first glance when I saw Samuel in character on his pic "La Femme Americaine" , I thought to myself what the hell!!!! lol
But then as I kept looking at some of work..I was like Ok I may not know exactly where he was going w/this particular 1 , but as a whole I admire his guts...he's def' an artist!!
He was born in Cameroun in 1962,and starting playing with the camera since the age of 13, he didn't mean to be famous but hey destiny will come knocking wherever you are.

He was discovered by a French photographer and the rest is history now, his work has been exposed at the Guggenheim & all throughout Europe. His pictures are self -portrait of himself in #symbolic costumes, such as him in an African Village Chief costume, which I have 2 say is the most popular African contemporary image out there (I'll post it and u may recognize it)

The funy thing is that he never wanted his family to be aware of his fame, I'm sure that w/technology nowadays , ain't no way he can hide from it, and he shouldn't!!

Djaa Les Camerounais sont dans le chaud aussi:)
Eyeee Wayeee:)

1 comment:

Hijabee said...

Funny pics, lol. Bursted out laughing to the patte def one lol