Monday, August 27, 2007

THE LOVELY JULIA SARR!!


Love the Album Cover





If you like lyrics "a la Ayo, Corine Bailey, Rokia Traore, the India"...you gonna love miss Julia Sarr.

She was a very sought after chorist for great french singers Jean Jacques Goldman, african singers such as Youssou Ndour, Salif Keita , Lokua K...etc..etc
I've heard about her but I never had the chance to listen her until lately...and let me tell you something I fell in love w/her....






I was sold right after I listened to this track called Namanala in which she talks about Senegal, how even though she may have left years ago and didn't grow up there, may not have the perfect Senegalese accent she's in love w/her homeland...lovely



On her first album w/Patrice Larose a flamenco guitar artist, she finds her niche btw/lyrics in wolloff and flamenco /african rythm...
She was in town a while back..but I wasn't familiar w/her music..next time Miss Julia!!


Here's a video of her:


Djaa Senegalese Artists can be trully Authentic:)
Eyee Wayee:)

1 comment:

Comb & Razor said...

wow... Julia Sarr!

long before she even put out a solo album, i was so in love with her voice just from her chorist work with French artists like Phoenix and Rob. i would buy albums just because she (and her sometimes partner Olisa) sang background!

i need to check out this video... i've never actually seen her in action.