Thursday, November 30, 2006

ZINEB SEDIRA-ALGERIAN PHOTOGRAPHER AND DEEP THINKER


Zineb at 1 of her expo'

"Don't do to her what you did to me" I don't have the official explanation of this photo..but the black color def' conveys dispair and pain..how about y'all?


Deep..deep "Portrait of Virgin Mary" ..dont know if it's too daring or not..but def' out there



Love this 1 ..."Jins" In Islam we call Jins ... spirits..long explanation...I'll talk about it in another post




La Maison de Ma Mere

CONFLICTED...REBELLIOUS...ADAMENT ABOUT HER TRUTH.... PROUD!!

Were all the words I was left with after admiring Zineb's work. Born in 1963 in France of traditional Muslim Algerian parents. Just like any individual who's born in the west, Zenib is a little conflicted between both cultures..


In my opinion* (please remenber that it's just my own) she is at turns rebellious against some Islamic and tradional aspects and proud to the P of her of her parents and origins...


Another interesting thing to me is that she's 1 of the few artists that I know who loves her own camera, most people hide behind their lenses but she plays the game with great zeale...

HUN INTERESTING!

For more info on her and her work :
http://www.sonicgenes.co.uk/zineb/photo.html


Djaa Algeria Women are Fierce:)
Eyee Wayee:)

No comments: