Saturday, June 14, 2008

KAFRINE BIJOUX BY AN AFRICAN SISTA FROM L'ILE DE LA REUNION, MARIE CHASSAN!


Job Tear's that she burns and varnish before using



I like this piece, it's cute
Wax scraps turned into a fabulous accessory

Africa on ur chest
The book she wrote on jewelry



I'm very excited about this post, because I get to talk about my people from
L'ile de la Reunion which I haven't done much in the past..:)
After looking at all the collections she offers, I gotta say that Marie knows her Africa, for example she uses scraps of "wax "fabric to create jewelry maybe that reminds her of her childhood days in Saint Paul de la Reunion where she would use the perls thrown on the street by the owner of a fabric store ...Marie says that by using the scraps of wax she hopes to show tailors what beautiful things can be done w/them.

In her collections "lainage" and "elegance Africaine" she uses a lot of natural ressources such as Job's tears (seeds that can be found in Asia and some part of Africa), gingember, Malian bronze, wool, lace, felt, loud and warm colors... The last collection she has showcased on her webbie is called
"Cameroun Voila",she uses wood, Job's tears, strass..
I really like how festive and diverse her collections are, btw bracelets, necklaces ...an artsy ,a feminine , a conservative women can all find something they may like...
Marie before creating her own business had worked in high couture for 10 years, she knows what she's doing , I really wish her the very best:)

Here's her webbie:

http://www.kafrinne-bijoux.com


Djaa my sisters from l'Ile de la Reunion sont dedans aussi:)

Eyeee Wayeee:)

No comments: