Saturday, October 31, 2009

THE COMORIAN ESPIEGLE SINGER & FORMER MODEL, IMANY NADIA MLADJAO!



This is one of my fav' pics that I took of former Ford model and reconverted folk/pop/blues/pop singer miss Imany Nadia Mladjao. She performed last weekend in Dakar my hometown, I wasn't quite sure what expect, I didn't know if I was going to "vibe" to her music but my girl Maimouna and I loved it. In this pic, I tried to show her feminite, the little girl in her, she was wearing little ballerina shoes and was dancing around..quite cute...


You've probably seen many pictures of this beautiful girl in Essence magazine among other publications in which she has appeared ect..She has a beautiful rauque timbre de voix that matches the beautiful music played by her musicians. In between songs she was talking to us her public, many of us didn't know her music but were all charmed by her natural atitude, the cool and raw lyrics about failed love, about being different from the one that we love ect, about throwing the wrong man out of our lives..


"CAN YOU HELP ME, SOMEONE HELP ME BREATHE"

She invited on stage a few drummers as well as noted musician Habib Faye, mind you they had never practiced before the show, but it turned out great, senegalese rythm and her folk sound was a beautiful mix..


This girl just can't seem to take bad pictures, every time I tried to take pictures of her she was like "bam bam" shmizing as Tyra Banks would say all the way..beautiful beautiful and talented young woman.

"SLOW DOWN TAKE YOUR TIME IT WILL BE AIGHT"

Imany is still working on her first album and is signed with Thinkzik..

I caught myself wanting to hear more and more, she set a beautiful atmosphere, even though we were at the cultural center of Dakar it felt like we were in a small cafe somewhere listening to some beautiful soothing music teinted with Imany's truth.


Some of her musical heroes are India Arie, Diane Krall, Sting, Tracy Chapman, Etta James....

In person she reminded me an espiegle comorian Billy Holiday, her music was really hers, it was original, it didn't sound like your regular R&B joint no it sounded like Imany Mladjao.


Her webbie is: www.myspace.com/imanyeasy

For those of you living in Paris, she'll perform on December 15th at New Morning (10PM) Here's a video clip, right HERE

Djaa my Comorian sistas sont dedans:) Eyeee Wayee:)

No comments: