Wednesday, February 17, 2010

ZAMBEZI EXPRESS- A ZIMBABWEAN MUSICAL TO SEE!


Great energy



Playful!


Waouh!


Energetic


Seems so muchhhh fun , I was watching a clip of the show on my dear friend youtube lol .
I was mesmerised by their dance moves, the natural way their bodies move to the sound of the music, the great colorful costumes, the great singing, I wish I knew how to shake my booty no my derriere like that..ladies got skills lol.
Zambezi Express is a 90 minutes long musical with 30 actors/singers/dancers from the theatrical troupe Siyaya. This play centers around the life of a young Zimbabwean young man by the name of Zili who pursues his dream of becoming a football star in SA during the world cup . Through the dancing, the acrobats and singing we follow him through this long journey from Bulawayo to the city by the Zambezi Express train. What's cool about this play I found is that we get through the eyes of Zili to experience Zimbabwean culture, political turmoil and the courage of its people ....
I read that it took 2 years to make this musical, the actors trained relentlessly, and today they tour the word to share this amazing gift that is the Zambezi Express Musical..

Here's their website:
You can experience them, HERE

Djaa my Zimbabwean people sont trop dedans:)
Eyeee Wayee:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw this show and it was absolutely epic!

Unknown said...

I love the photos Sis, will definitely check it out! Looking at the photos make me want to get up, move & grooove :)