Tuesday, February 03, 2009

BABY SOL HAS SOUL!








I loved the humility of this young Congolese artist, she writes and sings her own songs from her soul..Baby Sol evolves in London where she's currently for the Flora Marathon...
I wanted to feature her here because I like her voice and the fact that she's an artist artist..
Her influences include Rachelle Ferrell, Lauryn Hill , Mbilla Belle among many other artists...
She granted me a mini interview, enjoy:)

In 2008 what was your biggest accomplishment?
Arranging my mother's funeral , and thinking about my future..things that I would not have thought about doing this early on since she died so young..

Do you have any regrets?
I regret not having my mother physically here for he to see how responsible and accomplished i am becoming ..

In 2008 which one African person or African event that happened that will stay marked in your memory?
Obama, an African-American man as president of the United States, something that I saw as within reach but not necessarly within my lifetime. It grants us the possibility of greater things to form in the minds of all young black people all over the world and therefore allow the potential of true change and progression the be realized...that is exciting!!!

What are your goals for 2009? What would you like to accomplish?
I would like to strive the best that I can be. Learn more about my craft. I'm starting to take guitar lessions:) One definite goal is to get a concise library of my music together.. I think it's time for me to do something palpable with my talent and work on releasing some music ..I am going to take over the world.. World watch this space, lol x

Here's her site:
www.myspace.com/babysolmusic

Djaa my sisters from the Democratic Republic of Congo are doing their thang:)
Eyee Wayeee:)

1 comment:

Keith said...

I had not heard of her before. Thanks for featuring her here. She's got an amazing voice.