Tuesday, September 12, 2006

IDI AMIN THE CRAZY KING OF UGANDA



Call me ignorant.. but I didn't know much about this African tyran...(comme quoi there's always room) 2 learn more..I got interested in his story when I saw this piece in the new Essence magazine where they talked the new movie" The King of Scotland" in which the actor Forest Whitaker plays Amin.

Aparently..he's done his share of dirt in Uganda ..He took the power par " coup d'etat"in 1971 and terrorized its citizens by killings his oponent supporters. He's remenbered as an extremely violent and childish "leader"...

Anywhoo if you want to learn more 'bout him:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idi_Amin

I see that there's been countless documentaries as well as movies about him..so it should not be hard to learn more about his atrocities.

And also keep ur eyes open for the movie:

"King of Scotland" which will show 1 aspect of his life.

Anywhoo atalakou to all my Uganda people:)

Eyee Wayeee:)

No comments: